Lady at the Pool: "When is your birthday?"
"August."
"Oh, so you'll be 4 soon?"
"How did you know I was going to be 4?" haha...
I love this kid!
![]() |
| One of our many adventures at the pool. |
While I was waiting for the doctor, I felt suddenly sad. Why were all of these illnesses and problems happening to me, one right after another? Couldn't I just be healthy and carefree? This bothered me for a little while. To pass the time, I looked through my pictures and notepad on my phone. I came across a message I had saved at one point that read,
"Smiles indicate that the stress and weight of the world haven't overcome you," (Rd.com)
Suddenly, I smiled to myself...and then I felt just a little bit better already. I decided that I would keep a smile on as long as I could. Maybe this would surprise someone who worked in the doctor's office? :) From now on troubles can happen and illnesses come, because as long as I smile I can show that I am hopeful, happy, and have not given up..
This weekend I went on several fun adventures. The most fun adventure was going to see the air and space museum and walking around DC with my new friend Devin Cook. He is from Frederick, Missouri and graduated from George Mason University. I just met him randomly on the metro, but we had a great time together! I was so excited to have made a new friend!
Devin pointed out the statue above to me (on the right) which has a famous quote saying: "I regret that I have but one life to live for my country..." I really love this quote! This man, and any others who devote themselves to others for a good cause are heroes in my eyes.
We also went to see the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and Bill of rights.
This is what I see every day when I look in the fridge. Foods that I have
never tried or have never eaten on a daily basis before. This week in the fridge
there was brown turkey figs, stuffed grape leaves, tabouli, and artichokes.
A is for "Arts and Crafts" B is for "Banana Bread"
(Simple, but very helpful) Tips I have learned this week about being a nanny:
-Turning on a noise (fan or an air conditioner) helps him to fall asleep.
-Always carry napkins, a water bottle, and a snack. Everywhere!
-Make sure that his belly is always full! (There is a huge difference in his attitude depending on what and when he's eaten.)
-Exercise is a key behavior factor!
-There is a song for everything! (or there can be if you make one up) And kids listen better with songs...
-Let him help me with the cooking and the clean up! He enjoys it and it saves me more time to do what I want when he's sleeping instead of cleaning up then.
-If I always tell him he is good, then he will keep on trying to impress me and maintain good behavior.
-He tells me exactly what he needs. He's very good at expressing to me what he's feeling and thinking. I just need to listen. :)
This week I've gotten much better at making Danny tired for his nap time...so good that I've even fallen asleep! Ha! I've also been building up my muscles by pushing him everywhere (including uphill) in a stroller.
-2.jpg)

-1.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
I love that story of you finding peace in the doctor's office with a smile. Your poor eye!!! I love, love, love the alphabet idea. You are so creative!! What a great list of things you've learned so far. I think it's so cute he was a little suspicious of the lady who know he was going to be 4!
ReplyDelete